Terms and Conditions
- You must be a subscribing member of the Sussex Police Federation.
- You will not be able to stay at the lodge for 2 consecutive years.
- The holiday lodge is open for use from 1st March to 30th November each year.
- Bookings can be made for either a four-night stay (Mon – Fri) or three night stay (Fri – Mon). Longer stays may be offered at the discretion of the Sussex Police Federation.
- Applications open on 1st August and close on 31st October. All applications must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members will be invited to submit applications to attend the holiday lodge. Each member can nominate up to a maximum of three preferences.
- When there are multiple applications for the same date a random selection method will be used to determine the successful applicant.
- All successful applicants will be notified within the first 10 days of November with the result of their application. Any member who is unsuccessful in the random ballot will be offered the opportunity to apply for any remaining vacant slots
- Successful applicants will be provided with a booking reference number.
- Once you have received your booking confirmation please make a bank transfer to Sussex Police Federation Holiday Lodge, account details with be within the confirmation you will receive. A minimum payment of £40 is to be paid within 30 days of the holiday confirmation being sent out. Full payment for your break must be paid by 1st February.
- If you have any concerns about your payment dates, please contact the Branch Treasurer/ Deputy Treasurer email@example.com
- Sussex Police Federation would like to make the Holiday Lodge accessible to all members no matter what their financial circumstances, therefore if you would like to stay at the Lodge but would be unable to make the full payment date of 1st February please contact The Branch Treasurer/Deputy Treasurer who may be able to facilitate a payment plan.
- Failure to make payment within the allotted time period will result in the cancellation of the booking and the letting period will be offered to another member who has specified the same letting period in their preferences. If the letting period remains vacant the holiday letting will be made available to the wider membership.
- You will need to present your warrant card as proof of identity when you check in at Sandy Balls on your visit so you must be a serving, federated member at the time of your stay. You will not be granted access to the holiday lodge if you cannot produce your warrant card.
- The cost of a three- and four-night stay will be £350.00
- The Sussex Police Federation member who is allocated the booking reference number will be responsible for any damage caused to or at the property during their stay. Any items broken or otherwise damaged must be replaced.
- The Sussex Police Federation reserves the right to allocate holiday slots free of charge for exceptional welfare needs. All applications for a free welfare stay will be considered on its merits and the decision of the Holiday Lodge Working Group and the Branch Treasurer/Deputy Treasurer will be final.
- Applications for a welfare visit should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving full reasons and rationale as to why you wish to be considered. Please enter “Welfare” in the subject field.
- Inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in disciplinary action being taken.
- Check in is 14.30 and you are asked to check out by 10am on the day of your departure.
- Cot Hire Cost- £15.00 payment to be made directly to Sandy Balls (they provide only the base mattress in the cot; all bed linen would need to be provided).
- Highchair Hire Cost – £12.00 payment to be made directly to Sandy Balls
- Please note that the lodge is pet friendly (Max 2 pets allowed) and there is an additional cleaning fee of £35 per stay if you wish to take your pet(s) with you which is payable directly to Sandy Balls. If you are bringing your pets(s) then please state this at the time of booking. Pets are not allowed on the furniture and must not be left unaccompanied at any time.
The Sussex Police Federation has purchased the holiday home for the benefit of its members.
We hope that you enjoy your stay at your holiday home.
Please respect the facilities and treat it as you would your own home.